Monday 18 November 2013

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday challenge # 140: Ink Pad Designs

Hello there! The Papertrey Ink Make it Monday challenge this time was to use ink pads direct to paper to make the main design for a card. I had a play with some of the small cube ink pads to start with, but wasn't happy with the results so I switched to using the larger curved ink pads. The shape of these reminded me of paisley designs - so that's what I tried to recreate here.

I took an A5 sheet of white card and used three ink pads (Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores and Ocean Tides) to "stamp" randomly all over the card. Then I took the smallest stamp from the "Lovely Layers" stamp set and stamped in between the paisley shapes using the same three ink colours. Four more stamps from the same Lovely Layers set were used to decorate the paisley shapes, again with the same inks but this time using the Fresh Snow hybrid ink pad as well. When I'd finished stamping I took a fine black pen and doodled around the edges of each shape to give a faux stitching / lace effect.

I decided that there was enough of my patterned card stock to make two slightly different cards. For the first card I trimmed a square and matted this onto a slightly larger square of Hawaiian Shores card stock, before layering this onto a white 6" x 6" card blank. I used True Black ink to stamp the words "it's your" from the "Wonderful Words: Birthday" stamp set into a gap at the right hand side. Then I die-cut the word "birthday" from Hawaiian Shores card stock, over stamped it with the matching stamp in the same colour ink and stuck it to the card using thin strips of foam tape for dimension.


 
 
For my second card I took the remaining patterned piece and joined it to a similar sized rectangle of Hawaiian Shores card stock before trimming it into a square shape. The join was covered with a length of Hawaiian Shores 3/8" twill tape to which I had tied a bow and then the whole piece was adhered to a 6" x 6" white card blank. I stamped the word "happy" from the Wonderful Words: Birthday stamp set using True Black ink then adhered the word "birthday" which I had die-cut from white card stock.




I must apologise for the quality of the photographs as they were taken when it was dark and don't really show off the colours very well. I was really pleased with the finished cards though and think that these designs in this colourway would be equally suitable for a man or a woman.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!