Sunday 20 April 2014

Indigo Blu Challenge # 14 - Spring Flowers

The current challenge on the Indigo Blu blog is to make something using some of the lovely Indigo Blu stamps with the theme of spring flowers - check it out here http://indigoblublogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/challenge-14-spring-blossoms.html

I decided to use the beautiful Anemone Corner stamp (AC 1) together with the sentiment from the Poppy Meadow set (PM 1) to make this pretty spring themed card.


Click on the photo for an enlarged view.
 
I started with a five and a half inch square lavender coloured card blank and added a layer of purple card and then pale green card. I used Memento Pistachio dye ink to stamp the Anemone corner onto smooth white card and trimmed it to fit. The sentiment was stamped with Memento Grape Jelly dye ink. I die cut three of the small Spellbinders lattice corners from purple card and attached them to the front of my card with a small amount of Ranger's Glossy Accents.
 
The three anemone flowers were coloured with Copic Ciao markers - I used BV00, BV02, RV29, V17 & V09. I stamped them again onto smooth white card, coloured them in to match those on the card front and fussy cut them out. I moulded the petals into shape by wrapping them around the handle of a small paintbrush then I stuck the flowers to the card with silicone, so that they would hold their shape. You can see the flowers in more detail in the photo below.
 

 
 
I am very pleased with the finished card and will be sending it to one of my friends who has a birthday later this week. 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card .... nice colour choice. Thanks for joining in with the IndigoBlu Challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lynn!

    thanks for joining in the IndigoBlu Challenge

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab design, thanks for entering the IndigoBlu challenge this month
    P xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stamp is one of my favourites too! Lovely card. Stef x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!