Monday 14 April 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday # 159: No-Sew Quilted Cards (Part 1).

Last week over on the Papertrey Ink blog http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2014/04/make-it-monday-159-no-sew-quilted-cards.html Dawn McVey showed how to make faux quilted cards by forming a patchwork effect with squares of patterned paper and embossing using Texture plates. This technique looked like a lot of fun so I decided to play along today and I ended up making four different cards. I started out by cutting a selection of Papertrey Ink patterned papers into 1.5" squares.


As usual you may click on any of the photos to see the cards in more detail. 
 
For my first card I used a 6" square kraft card blank and stuck some of the patterned paper squares onto another square of kraft card using double sided tape. I then embossed the patchwork panel in my Grand Calibur using the "In Bloom" cover plate. I took a length of Simply Chartreuse dotty ribbon and used it to cover the join where I'd had to use the cover plate twice. The panel was stuck to the card blank with double sided tape and I stamped the "make the world beautiful" sentiment (from the "Wonderful Words Friends stamp set) below in black dye ink. Finally I die cut the corresponding "Friends" word die with a scrap of Simply Chartreuse card and stuck it just above the ribbon line using Ranger Glossy Accents.  
 
 
 
My second card uses similar coloured patterned papers and a 5" x 7" white card blank. This time I stuck the paper squares directly to the card front, then embossed it with the "Happy Hexagons" cover plate.  I used some Simply Chartreuse plain satin ribbon and a fancy label shape diecut from matching card, then used black dye ink to stamp the two flourishes and the Birthday Sentiment from the "Boutique Borders Birthday" stamp set. The sentiment panel was added to the card with foam pads to give some dimension.
 
Please see my next post for details of my other cards (I needed to do seperate posts in order to be able to link up to the challenge on the Papertrey Ink blog).
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!