I decided to join in, so I made this undersea scene, viewed through a porthole! I have had the porthole stamp for ages, but can't remember which company made it - sorry! I started with an A5 silver shimmer card blank and added a layer of PTI Hawaiian Shores card.
I took some pearl shimmer card and stamped the porthole using Memento Gray Flannel dye ink. I then cut out the centre circle using a Spellbinders standard circle die. I taped some thick acetate which I had saved from old Spellbinders packaging to the back of the aperture. The sentiment is from a set by Hobby Art Ltd and was stamped using the same Gray Flannel dye ink on to PTI Aqua Mist card, which had been die cut using one of the Spellbinders Labels eight dies (S5 - 019). This was then layered onto a PTI Hawaiian Shores die cut from the Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight dies (S5 - 148). I embellished the sentiment panel with a couple of brads which look like screws.
I decided to use a square of PTI Sea Shimmer card to make the undersea view. I drew a feint circle (slightly larger than the size of my acetate window) to aid in placing the stamps. I used a selection of Elusive Images stamps from the following stamp sets :- Underwater Kingdom - UA5SP0326, Seadragon - UA5SP0327, Mermaid Queen - UA5SP0328 and Something Fishy - UDLSP0330. These are currently available from Chocolate Baroque here http://www.chocolatebaroque.com/search.asp?keyword=mermaid . They were stamped with a mixture of Gray Flannel and Tuxedo Black Memento dye inks. I also stamped most of the images onto some masking paper and fussy cut them out, so that I could mask off the images in the foreground whilst building up my scene. The panel was then coloured with Copic Ciao marker pens and the fish were accentuated using a Wink Of Stella Clear glitter pen.
Then it was time to add some pretty blue and green assorted sequins. I used 3mm thick foam tape on the back of the porthole panel to raise it up enough for the sequins to be able to fit inside. I snipped the tape at intervals so that I could bend it around the circular aperture and I made sure that it completely met up and that there were no gaps. A few more foam pads kept the panel flat and made it easy to fix to the card front.
Here is a close up of the sentiment panel. I thought that the words were quite appropriate to describe the various coloured sequins in my "ocean".
Finally, here is a close up of my undersea scene, complete with mermaids and brightly coloured fish. As usual you may click on any of the photos to enlarge them for a better view.
This card was so much fun to make - I hope you like it!