Thursday 22 May 2014

Soft Watercolour Wash Background (with Stencils) - part 2


My next card using the watercolour and stencil technique is a softer colour palette of blues, lavenders and lilacs. I chose The Crafters Workshop Mini Cubist stencil and the result reminds me a little of the works of Gustav Klimt - what do you think?

Please click on the photo for a better view.

I found the die cut banner in my stash (I think it's a Sizzix one). The sentiment is from the "Many Thanks" set by Clearly Besotted and I curved it slightly on my acrylic block, so that it fitted nicely onto the banner. I heat embossed the sentiment with Wow! Opaque Pastel Purple and mounted the banner to my card with foam pads. Finally I embellished the card with a few tiny blue and lilac gems. I was really pleased with how this one turned out and would definitely recommend using this particular stencil for this technique.

I'll be back shortly with the next card in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!