Friday 23 May 2014

Soft Watercolour Wash Background (with Stencils) - part 3

 
My fourth card in this series is a slightly larger one - this time using The Crafters Workshop Mini Cherry Blossoms stencil. I wanted to see if I could watercolour a background which wasn't quite so abstract, so I chose this stencil of birds sitting in a cherry tree and used pale blues, green, brown and pink paints. The pooling of the watercolour paint in the spaces left by the stencil gave a lovely edge to the flowers but the birds weren't very clear, so I decided to die cut a flock of them using Memory Box dies instead. I mounted each bird onto my card with tiny foam pads, so that they look like they are perching on the branches or flying.

Please click on the photo above for a better view.
 
The sentiment is another from the useful Clearly Besotted "Many Thanks" set. I stamped it straight onto the background using Potting Soil Archival Ink. I really like the subtle, dreamy quality to this card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!