Thursday 30 October 2014

Heartfelt Poppies

This is my second post today - please scroll down to read my Pink Roses and Sequins post.

The image on this card is a beautiful heart shaped poppy stamp from Indigo Blu. As today is the seventh anniversary of my dear Dad's passing this seems very appropriate, since poppies traditionally signify remembrance. I have fond memories of my Dad and miss him very much, but he loved his garden so I'm sure he'd have approved of this card.



I stamped the image onto smooth white card with black ink and coloured it with Distress Markers. I also stamped it onto some masking paper and fussy cut it out as close to the image as possible, so that I could mask the coloured image without having a white halo around it. Then I got busy with my Tim Holtz distress marker spritzer and the same markers that I'd used to colour the poppy image. This gave an air-brushed effect with tiny splatters providing lots of texture - and it was lots of fun to do too! I matted the panel onto poppy red card then onto green striped paper and a white card blank and it was finished. I decided to keep it simple and not to add any embellishments as I wanted this to be a sympathy card and have posted this to a dear friend who has just lost her lifelong friend.

I am entering this into the Indigo Blu Challenge no 21: Magical Masking - you can see all the details here on the Indigo Blu challenge blog

I'm also entering this on the Artful Times Challenge Blog for challenge 67: Poppies. 

Thanks for looking and don't forget to take time to remember a loved one.

Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I have been, 'nearly going to buy' that stamp for ages. Now you have tempted me. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need I say more than "Thank You' for this beautiful Poppy card which you have shared with us at Artful Times. Love the background Lynn, so different, and the floweers speak for themselves.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I bet it took ages to do!

    Thanks for joining in the IndigoBlu Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card ..... thank you for joining in with the IndigoBlu challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poppies are stunning the background looks great xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!