Sunday 9 November 2014

Cure For The Monday Blues # 33

I am joining in with Taheerah's Cure for the Monday Blues challenge no 33 this week - you can find all the details here. There is a lovely Autumnal inspiration photo with lots of berries this week.


My card features the lovely Stampendous Snowbird stamp which I stamped onto watercolour paper using Tree Branch Archival ink then watercoloured with Memento dye inks. I used Toffee Crunch, Canteloupe, Morocco and Lady Bug. I edged the panel with the Morocco ink and added it to my A5 card base with double sided tape. 


The background was stamped with a small leaf and berry sprig stamp from Waltzingmouse Stamps Paris Nouveau stamp set and the same Memento dye inks. The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse stamps Complements of the Season set and was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. 


Below you can see the finished background. It took ages to do as the stamp was inked up each time with  Memento markers, but I am really pleased with the end result as I think it looks really effective. I shall certainly be trying this technique again.



Thanks for looking.

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. A complete labour of love stamping that branch and berries over and over! I applaud your patience and eye for detail Lynn! That sweet little bird is just darling too! I added your link-up for you also. I'm so happy to see you submitting to my challenge again! :) Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!